Friday, December 14, 2012

A bit of wintertime fishin

Went this morning to the GMR between Franklin and Miamisburg. The river is still a bit off color but very fishable. When I got there a guy had caught three really nice fish on a minnow plug. Oh no...I was mostly out scouting and only had a pocket full of jig heads and grubs. I fish an hour and a half without a bite. Another guy was there throwing a variety of stuff and he was having no luck either. I decided to run into town for lunch. Swung back by the river on the way back. Right away it was a different story than a few hours earlier. Thump and game on. I caught six or seven pretty good fish in about an hour. On a combination ugly even by saugfish standards. Purple metalflake on a screaming yellow jig head. I threw the standard chartruese/pink/white type colors but all but one fish came on purple. I even rigged up a tandem rig with the purple on bottom and chartruese on top but all the hits were on purple on a yellow jighead. I had all my hits way out right where a strong current ran up against a big eddy so I was throwing a half ounce jighead.

No comments:

Post a Comment