Friday, January 21, 2011

Minus Six...

SOC_2197
.
SOC_2204
.
This evening unable to stand being pent up in the house any longer I put on my heaviest jacket, gloves, and the big floppy Elmer Fudd hat with the big furry plaps that cocer your ears and headed for the river. It was about an hour till dark and already in the single digits headed for a below zero night. You know how the Weather Channel gives the temps for all the little towns surrounding the city? Well tonight we were the cold spot, it would be minus six when I went to bed later that night. Looking out my second story window you can see the little weather station perched atop a building across the street so that reading always hits home. It sure was beautiful down by the river thoogh. And still, nothing moved except for the open water flowing by. I did find that several deer had moved thru the river bottom last night but no small critters, no squirrels or even rabbits. Along the bike path a fox had traveled though I imagine he had a hard time finding dinner in the midst of last night's snowstorm. No big adventure tonight an hour slipping through the empty river bottom was enough before thoughts of the fire at home turned me around.
.
SOC_2233
.
SOC_2242
.
SOC_2258
.
SOC_2227

.
SOC_2209
.
SOC_2210
.
SOC_2214
.
SOC_2217
.
SOC_2221
.
SOC_2224
.

No comments:

Post a Comment