Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Double Decker Turtles

Went to the Great Miami today before work. Looking down off the wall below the dam were a bunch of turtles on a rock. One little one had climbed right on top of a big one. I should have known it was going to be a wild day right then. S5030154 Things started out a bit slow, with only a small catfish and a couple drum. But then some weight on the line. Not really a hit but instead the 1/4 ounce grub just felt heavy. I set the hook and was fast into a good fish. It ended up being a fish ohio sized sauger. S5030157 Which had me pretty pumped up as I'd already caught three fish ohio sized fish of other species. Finally qualified for that master angler award! I was feeling pretty good about myself and caught a three or so pound shovelhead on the grub. About that time Dandrews did what he seems to do better than anyone, which is catch a big catfish on a lure. After a lengthy fight he landed this 35 inch fish. S5030165 That red patch was a 2 inch square wound plus the eye on that side was milky white. I was going to make a joke about catching a blind fish but he's twice my size and the fish was as big as everything I'd caught put togethor so I decided not to. By then I was ready to eat and was leving for lunch when I heard a yell and he was fast into an even bigger one, around 37 inches if i remember right. S5030167 I think thats the third trophy fish Ive taken his picture with already this spring BTW. After lunch I hit the other side of the dam for 20 minutes catching a goodsized quillback sucker and a small bass on the grub before heading in to work. A pretty exciting morning on the river S5030172

No comments:

Post a Comment