Friday, August 31, 2012

Smallies and flatheads

Did so well last time I decided to try my luck again last night. Even wore the same hoodie for luck, its starting to smell a bit fishy hopefully washing it wont wash away the luck. Went last night from around 3 am till dawn to my favorite hole in the LMR. Its a big eddy just half a cast from a riffle but still over my head in the middle. Right away I caught a great smallie then ten minutes later it's twin on a grub. Then I switched to a lipless crankbait and right away the catfish were on it. I caught a channel and four shovelheads and lost one more. The channel wasn't very big maybe two pounds but the shovelhead were all pretty decent sized. I also caught a buffalo around five pounds that had the crankbait halfway down his throat, I know we were wondering in another thread about a month ago if they would try to take a crankbait so I guess that answers that. All the fish were were shallow but not in the swift water more on the upstream face of the rockbar. Oh and I caught a rock that weighed about half a pound that was hooked thru a little hole on one end. It fought about as well as every sauger I've ever caught. S5030871 S5030868 S5030883 S5030878 S5030874 S5030882

No comments:

Post a Comment