Thursday, November 22, 2012

thanksgiving day

With the house cleaned up and the folding chairs and card table set up it seemed that the best way to stay out of trouble till meal time was to go fishing. I've been bowhunting pretty hard and went two weeks four days without going fishing! That hadn't happened since february so I was itching to go pretty bad. I grabbed a rod and a handfull of jigheads and three inch grubs and snuck out the door and headed for the LMR. I fished a nice deep run close to a big hole and fished slow. After about ten minutes I set the hook on a mushy feeling and was fast to a dandy smallmouth. He even came up and shook his head a bit. A bit later another smallmouth was on the end of another mushy strike. Then a few minutes after that I caught a beautiful redhorse sucker. By then I was running low on grubs and it was getting close to turkey time. The river is as low and clear as it ever gets. Happy Thanksgiving day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment