Monday, February 18, 2013

headwaters

Ok so I was way way upstream and it was 24 degrees so I didn't actually fish but thought you lower LMR guys might want to know what the upper river actually looked like. These are pictures from Clifton Gorge. Clifton Gorge is located just outside of the cool hippie town Yellow Springs in Greene County on State Rte 343. Here the LMR rushes thru a deep gorge way too narrow for the river between dolomite and limestone cliffs five or six stories straight down to the water in spots. Wierdly enough, from what I understand down there in the most inacessable part of the gorge here in the headwaters the river is the deepest it is for the entire 100 mile length of the river. Cut by the melting at the end of the last ice age the river reaches an amazing depth of 30 feet plus After our hike we went to Yellow Springs to eat and poke around in the shops. Bought a funny looking little clay guy that the lady behind the counter at the witchcraft shop assures me will bring me good luck fishing this year if I keep him on my pack...

No comments:

Post a Comment