Monday, July 6, 2015

Before and after...

Slipped out for a bit this weekend before and after all the chicken grilling, grandkid chasing, firework exploding and general mayhem of the 4th. First up was a trip to bluegill heaven. What an interesting place, it takes like 20 minutes even with waxworms or a foam spider to get a bite but it's worth it. Like I'd said before in other posts the place seems overrun with tiny bass and I think the vast majority of gills get eaten up. Those that live long enough to be to big for the bass to eat then have the bluegill version of Old Country Buffet set out before them every night. This big tub was the best.
 
Then last night after all the festivities I slipped out with the float tube for a couple hours at a pond at one of the local wildlife areas. I caught a couple small bass on an unweighted plastic worm. Just before dark I caught a better one. No giant but he was a jumper circling the tube and jumping clear of the water twice as well as numerous head shakes. Its a blast trying to land decent fish out of the float tube, I usually end up with a face full of water at least once.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment