Sunday, September 6, 2015

Hot weather hybrids

Some pretty hybrids also stirred into action by this weeks rains. As I was walking in a rounded a turn in the trail and there was a small deer. Obviously this years deer though it had lost it's spots. It stood there forty yards away looking like: what it that thing??, as it watched me walk towards it. Going a bit further I could see a much larger deer's hind end sticking out of the pathside weeds. Up came the head. No standing around for mommy. She was gone like shot from a gun. Scared witless that she had let a human walk right up to her...

Even as I tied on a swimbait hybrids were busting bait. I tied on a pearl version of Vic's new paddletail swimbait and never changed. Up until the sun actually hit the water action was steady. I guess I must have caught ten or twelve. Then once the line of sun made it down the hill to the water it was all over. Typical of summertime hybrid fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment