Thursday, February 11, 2016

Not a ton of excitement the last week or so. A couple small saugeye and a very small channel. The most exciting fish was probably this buffalo that ate my saugeye jig. (electric blue Vic Coomer Grub) Most of the battle came after the fish was whipped and bankside. There was a bit of a dropoff and I couldn't beach the thing so I was forced to grab the thing and get very wet hands with the temps down in the teens. I'm fumbling around trying to unhook it and get the camera out with burning hands and after I snap this very bad photo the cameras batteries give it up to the cold too and the camera shuts down. I hate fishing with gloves if there is any way around it but I'm thinking of putting some latex ones in my parka just to keep my hands dry in situations like this. I thought my fingers were going to fall off....

No comments:

Post a Comment