Friday, April 27, 2018

Oh me oh my oh it's a fish Ohio...

The only bad thing about being in Tennessee striper fishing was wondering how my smallies were doing back up here in the river. Went today to check on the girls and we had a very happy reunion, even had a bonus river largemouth thrown in. First real numbers day of the year as well I'm guessing 12 to 15 total. A bit surprising was that the majority of the fish I found today were in pretty fast current. Fish were on a electric blue grub, the fatter one I think Vic calls a husky grub, fished on an underspin. The only downer to today was slipping down and shipping a bunh of cold water into the waders! A small price to pay for the best smallie fishing of the year so far with good river levels looking forward as a cherry on top.


1 comment:

  1. Here is a link about Darby Creek darters that may interest you.

    http://jimmccormac.blogspot.com/2018/04/an-epic-aquatic-foray.html

    I always enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete