Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Monster!!!!

I go over the last little rise in the path where I can see the river. What the??? Yep there is a guy fishing the spot. My spot. A spot that has produced as many big fish for me as anywhere. I watch for a bit. He's got nice tackle, a backpack, expensive waders. He's even fashionable.... #$@%
I back slowly away. If the river was 70 degrees I might wander down and say hi but it's that last bit of the good stuff. When you fish those special places you have spent years sniffing out. Those places you keep tucked away for just a couple weeks each fall that you wouldn't tell your sister about. %$#^&
Okay plan B. Back to the car and I drive downstream to another not so good spot. Little did I know the fish god was about to reward me. I just walked down made a dozen casts and then Thump. Hey this seems like a pretty good fish. I'm actually thinking big saugeye till it jumps. A beautiful cover of field and stream jump. Just a fraction past the 20 inch mark on my rod. One of the nicest fish of the entire year. It's funny as big as she looks in that photo it really doesn't do her justice. On a Vic Coomer paddleswim fished on a 1/4 ounce jighead in about six feet of water below right below some faster shallow water and about a good long cast upstream of a big eddy where she will spend the winter. It was a pretty swell walk back to the car under a gorgeous full moon as dark began to fall...


No comments:

Post a Comment