Sunday, June 9, 2019

I caught a fish...

I'm fishing my favorite stripey bait, Vic's pearl with a black back paddletail when I got a little bite. Just a little "boink". I set the hook and holy h*## broke loose. The fish streaked along just under the surface pushing up a big wake. Then a giant boil as it swirled, then ran the other way still throwing up a wake as it pushed water.  I've got 15lb braid spooled on the pflueger arbor and it had the 7ft fast action Littlemiami rod bent into a horseshoe. Then the fish just charged my direction and I'm reeling like a maniac trying to keep slack out of the line. A few more wild runs and then I had her. No scale, no ruler, I ran out before daylight with a raincoat and a ziplock baggie full of lures. I'm not even going to speculate on size, it doesn't really matter, it is the fish of the year so far in my eyes. If for nothing else just because of the sheer excitement of the fight.




No comments:

Post a Comment