Monday, July 29, 2019

Same place, better night!

And I thought the other night was fabulous. Well tonight actually started off horribly, I was probably an hour into it and had one fish. One tiny maybe 8 inch fish. Then in five minutes time everything changed. And I mean everything. The sky went dark, a stiff breeze blew up, the occasional rain drop splatted on the rocks. And the fish simply went off. Nice fish, big fish, bigger fish.... In shallow fast water and actively chasing. I actually saw a couple fish chase minnows right up on the gravel. I was using a classic shad colored curly shad and the fish were hammering it so hard I never saw any reason to try anything else. Its simply amazing what a storm can do for the fishing once midsummer really settles in. The big fish you see in the first photo whacked the lure like it was trying to turn it inside out then did an end over end somersault. It was a fish and an hour I'll remember years from now. Saw an eagle, two deer wading the stream, and caught some great fish. For an old river rat like me things don't go any better than tonight did.








No comments:

Post a Comment