Monday, December 23, 2019

sneaking in a few last trips for the year

Well we got one day off from the hospital. She just wanted to nap so it was off to the river and out of her hair with me for the first time in weeks. I fished Vic's new lipless crankbait in a deep slow hole. Lifting it up off the bottom then letting it settle again on a tight line, repeatedly. On another rod I hair rigged two kernals of corn just trying to avoid a skunk since it's been so daggone cold and I've been out of touch with my smallies for so long. I ended up fishing 3 hours and caught a few fish on each method. One very small smb and one dandy on the crankbait, and two big common carp and one small but very beautiful mirror carp on the hair rig. Plus a small channel foul hooked. Saw an eagle perched in a riverside sycamore. Heard Sandhills calling somewhere downstream. A much needed break and a wonderful winter trip.









No comments:

Post a Comment