Saturday, June 20, 2020

Long and skinny

So I ran out this morning about an hour before daylight with some curly shads, pro swims and jigheads and nothing else. Just a quikie trip. SIGH... nothing to measure a fish with. I was expecting to catch a few stripey fish as the sun came up then hightail it home to do a few chores. I did catch a few, just not very big ones. Then right as the sun came up right in the same seam I where I was catching the stripes I got a strike on a pearl pro swim. I set the hook and a very very long smallmouth hurtled skyward. A few more jumps that had my heart pounding and she was mine. I'm thinking this fish is real old. Long, big head and skinny as a rail. A quick couple photos and a release. An angry swipe of her tail that showered me with water and she was gone...



No comments:

Post a Comment