Saturday, September 22, 2012

fly rod smalljaws

Hit my favorite spot on the LMR this evening. Started off catching a few whites off of a riffle. S5030966 Then dropped down to the next riffle which is deeper and has some big rocks in the riffle too. I was using a wooly bugger tied with tinsel and gold. Behind a big three foot around rock a solid smallie hammered the fly. S5030976 I was feeling pretty good about getting him on the flyrod and caught three more about ten or eleven inches in that spot. Down at the end of the hole is a long rock in the riffle thats 5 feet long and maybe a foot around. I threw the fly upstream of that and let the fly sweep over the rock. Just as the fly got deep enough I could no longer see it I had a strike. I set the hook and a really good smallie cartwheeled skyward. He was all over the place leaving me feeling anything but in controll but I finally landed him. S5030982 After that I landed several more smaller bass and ended up with 17 fish on the flyrod, definately one of the more memorable trips this year. S5030974

No comments:

Post a Comment