Monday, December 31, 2012

just like montauk

Ok well maybe not exactly. But after a month of catching nothing but saugers they felt like it. On the way back from some deer scouting thought I'd try the Ohio. Till I saw it that is. The water level was Ok but the river looked like chocolate milk. So I tried about a hundred yards up a clear creek that ran into the river. (its a little spot so I forgot the name, its somewhere between Meldhal and Markland) The creek was clear as a bell and ran for quite a bit into the Ohio before thay mixed. I was hoping for some saugers stacked up in the clear water at the mouth instead I caught seven of these guys on a three inch grub fished slow and deep. Then thump just like a sauger but then it was on, fighting as hard as a sauger twice their size would. I wish I'd brought the thermometer to see if the creek was warmer than the river. It was steaming a bit and the river wasn't so I think it might have been. But anytime you find clear water running into muddy it's time to fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment