Tuesday, January 1, 2013

1/1 first fish

Ok Ok so its only a carp. but hey it's freezing out there so cut me some slack. I went to Hamilton! to try and catch some saugers and no luck. I had a grub on and about ten inches up the line a marabou jig tipped with a pinch of nightcrawler. I fished for about three hours with no fish to be found. Don't know where the saugfish were today couldn't get up with them. Then the rod bent double and the drag began to whine. I probably played it way too long but I wasn't going to let the only fish of the day pull off. It had swallowed the marabou jig and crawler deep I really didn't need to worry. Qualifying carp for a Fish Ohio pin is only 26" that seems a bit short to me. Haven't checked the length of this fish yet, (marked it on the rod) but I'm pretty sure its longer than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment