Thursday, July 17, 2014

Back in Action...

Wow what a beautiful day. I'd take about 300 days a year of this weather! And I got the stitches our of my cut hand. So I did what anybody would have done and went from doctors office to the river. The river was a bit off color but a great level. I caught my fish on a chartreuse metalflake grub and a chartreuse with a black back curly shad. In three hours I only caught five fish but they were really nice on average. I fished a swift riffle that didn't have much of a hole below it, maybe chest deep. The hole was more of a long deep run as the current was pretty fast in it. I caught three or four smallmouth right up against the riffle among some jumbled up big rocks and two saugeye which were down in the swiftest part of the run. Both saugs were like twins and right at the Fish Ohio qualifying length of 21 inches. Two of the smallies were nice one a bit over 16 and one 17+. I also lost a nice fish right in the same place I caught the two better smb's but I never saw it. The other SMB's were pretty small. All in all a perfect day, I'm gonna miss this



No comments:

Post a Comment