Thursday, December 10, 2015

Lately...

Been all over the last week or so since I've last posted. From chasing stripey fish on the Ohio River (which was lousy) to getting saugfish in the Great and Little Miami watersheds( which has been good). What's worked best for me has been the old standby's, a three inch grub on a jighead  and a suspending Smithwick Rogue. When I started catching fish on the suspending minnow plug just kinda setting there it got me to change up my jighead choice for the grub. I changed from the 1/4 I usually throw to a 1/8 ounce head. This let me fish it a lot slower without hanging up and that has been the ticket the last couple times out. But I've been catching the better ones not below a dam like is standard but on a rocky bank where they are up very shallow at night chasing bait I guess. The 1/8 might be too light below some of the lowheads. The grub has been Vic's three inch curly tail in clear with gold flake. Here's some pics from the last week...



















No comments:

Post a Comment