Monday, December 28, 2015

right time. right place 12/27

So I'm eating my breakfast and glanced over at our little bass pro shops weather station. 71 degrees at 6 am. I think I just about spit cereal everywhere. I couldn't get out the door fast enough. I ended up finding the fish where a ten foot wide flow that was normally ankle deep entered a small lake. Today it was two foot deep and rising. and had a muddy plume sticking out a hundred feet into the lake. It was coming in so fast that an eddy of clear water was rotating up the bank right back to  where the water was gushing in. Enough to slowly sweep along a 1/8 ounce jig head and one of Vic's clear with gold flake grubs. Right where the muddy water met the clear was where I caught my fish.  Rubber boots a waterproof jacket and a rain poncho over that weren't enough to keep me dry in the rain coming down sideways in the wind.  I walked a bit up the tiny creek to look around and found the little two foot wide cut in the bank you see in the photo. On a whim I lowered the jig into it and a small ten inch bass whacked it. By the time I was too wet and cold and had retreated back to the warmth of the truck I'd caught ten bass and four dandy white bass. And the temperature had dropped 23 degrees in five hours! No big fish but I sure can't complain for 12/27.




No comments:

Post a Comment