Monday, August 1, 2016

nirvana

Today I fished a small stream I've been wanting to get on for a long long time. Even though its in southern Ohio there is little access to the thing. If your one of the three guys I go fishing with you know I've been talking about fishing this thing for about a year now. Well I finally got on her and it was everything I had hoped and more. The fish were very concentrated around any fast water with the very low water conditions and well it was amazing.
I caught most of the fish on a triple wing buzzbait with the skirt removed and replaced by the largest size curly shad. This is fast becoming one of my all time favorite big fish lures. The big curly shad and the triple blade let you work the thing like 25 percent slower than a conventional buzzbait. towards evening there was a big toilet bowl flush right under the buzzbait and the rod bent double. A big channelcat on a buzzbait?? Nope a 20.75" smallmouth!!! I'm a pretty happy camper tonight...







No comments:

Post a Comment