Thursday, February 16, 2017

So let me tell you a little story...


Last week my truck started making horrific noises as I downshifted or accelerated. Horrific, I'm not driving it another foot noises. Bummer So I call a tow truck.Two hours later no tow truck. Bummer. I call them. "We are so sorry, a hydraulic line broke on the truck we will pick it up first thing in the morning". Bummer but OK. No call,no show. Bummer. Eagle towing BTW don't ever use them. So I call, no answer. Eagle towing BTW. I get off work call, leave another message. No answer. Eagle towing BTW. I call someone else they tow the truck to the shop. "Sir your roadside assistance only covers a tow of five miles you will owe the rest". Bummer. I drop off info and keys and go to fishing expo for three days. I get back, give them a day and don't hear from them. Bummer. I call. Well it turns out the owner has had a heart attack! and we "are not sure when we will get to your truck but we are so sorry". Understandable but still a bummer.So last night I go drop off unsold merchandise from the expo. Right by the river so I put a bit of stuff in the borrowed truck and fish a bit. Then today at work, in broad daylight, somebody breaks into three or four cars at work. Stealing the stereo out of the dash out of the truck I've borrowed so I'll have to replace that. My waterproof camera I love. my bulletproof winter hunting and fishing parka, my rod and reel, a small bag of tackle and my rubber boots! In broad daylight!!! Out in front of work!! Bummer.So by the time you total up a stereo, towing, whats probably going to be hugely expensive repair bill, my camera and some reasonably mid to high end outdoor gear I guess I'm going to end up out two or three thousand bucks for the last week. Bummer. I've had better stretches of luck....

No comments:

Post a Comment