Friday, September 22, 2017

sigh...

What a day!!! The Autumnal Equinox, the official start of the fall hunt for big fish. But it's 90 degrees!!! Well my two favorite times to smallmouth fish are when it's blistering hot andthen again in the fall when some of the bigger bass start to congregate on the riffles closest to where they are going to winter. So why not combine the two?! I fished super fast shallow water just like you do when it's hot. The fastest water I can find is always the best when it's really hot. Well I fished that super fast shallow water about a hundred yards up from a nice deep wintering hole And won the smallmouth lottery for tonight. Two over 19! One over 18 and one right at 18. With about a half dozen 15 to 17 inch fish mixed in. It was probably the best three or four hours fishing out of the 150 or so days I've been so far this year. On a buzzbait and on a 1/4 ounce jighead with Vic's five inch grub.


No comments:

Post a Comment