Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Nighttime redemption...

So tonight I was supposed to meet my brother to go over plans for the fishing event the 28th. But there was time to fish for about an hour beforehand. Beautiful spot I hadn't been to in probably six months. I caught a couple small bass on a grub then tied on a buzzbait. Big splash, no fish, but I kept reeling slow and steady. Three foot later, whack! It was a dandy that peeled a bit of drag and jumped three times. Unfortunately on the third jump, my buzzbait went one way and the smallie went the other. Fast forward three hours... I'm finishing up with Vic and heading home. It's right at dark. Hmm, I have to drive right by that spot. It looked like it would be a great place for saugfish. And this time of year is a swell time to catch saugthings, maybe I'll stop for a half hour. Five minutes in and BAM, something hammers my swimbait. But no saugeye, it turns out to be a nice smallie. An hour after dark. On October 17th. Ya just never know with fishing...

No comments:

Post a Comment