Tuesday, May 1, 2018

on the run...

After catching some nice smallmouth on back to back trips I was really debating not going after stripey fish today and chasing smallmouth. But I had this hunch that had been eating at me for a few days now. This spot that looked oh so sweet on google and by all accounts the run was on so I had to try it. I got there and "Oh Crap" the pretty rock bank on google was about half sticky clay mud in real life. The thought crossed my mind that if I left now I could still get in a couple hours of smallie fishing. But the water itself looked good and that's what knee high rubber boots are for right? I tied on a 3/8 ounce jighead and Vic's paddletail swimbait and never took it off. Sure enough quite a few white bass but mixed in were about a dozen hybrids and one little pure striper. Anywhere there was current was the key. Gotta love this time of year...

No comments:

Post a Comment