Friday, May 4, 2018

riding the storm out....

So I'm fishing tonight, concentrating on fishing this tail of a pool when I noticed the wind had come up. I glanced over my shoulder, "Oh S#@T"! and I begin digging the rain jacket out of the pack. You could see it coming. Sure enough I got hammered pretty hard for about an hour. But what an hour, the fishing was epic. First up was the beauty you see in the first pic. This photo does not do this fish justice, all along it's belly and it's fins were tinged with beautiful pure black. Undoubtedly one of the prettiest fish I have ever seen. And then while the rain hit it was one nice fish after another like they were being delivered Fed Ex. Then the rain quit and it was a lovely evening but the best fishing left with the weather, I managed another half dozen fish but they were all small. Tonight was probably one of the best examples of the weather affecting the fishing that I have ever seen. All the better fish were in pretty heavy current on a curly swim on a 1/4 ounce jighead.

No comments:

Post a Comment