Monday, August 20, 2018

adventure fishing...

Maybe a bit too much adventure tonight. I'm fishing along and it's hot and real steamy. It's supposed to rain and the thought crosses my mind I wish it would hurry up and get here. A half hour later I hear a rumble and look behind me. OMG, you are about to get punished and punished bad Steven. I'm nowhere near the truck and have no rain gear and it's obvious I'm about to pay and pay dearly for both mistakes. Well I'm not making the truck before it hits hopefully it will just blow over fast and be done with. I'll just fish thru it and hope the front gets the fish biting. Mistake number three. Soon I'm as wet as I've ever been. I'm pretty sure the part of me underwater in the river was dryer than the part above water. At least it was warmer underwater. It rains hard, then harder, then really really hard. I'm fishing this riffle that has a cliffy bank on the far side and parts of the cliff start coming off and plopping in the water. The river turns from kinda stained to chocolate milk in a matter of minutes. Okay time to give up. I'm walking back to the truck and in the distance I can see water gushing into the river next to the bridge I'm parked at. Okay we gotta check that out, it's not like I can get any wetter. It's a drain pipe for the road above. No water coming out a couple hours ago and now a stream ten inches around cascading into the river. I've got a curly shad dropped off the back of a mini Alabama rig. I cast about ten feet past the pipe and bring it up to where the water is gushing into the river. There a foot off the bank and me with eight or ten feet of line out a big hybrid just murders the lure and screams out into the current. It's not a great photo but I love it, look at the water streaming off the fishes fins and off my elbow. A half hour later I took the third photo after the rain had stopped of a blown out river with huge rafts of debris floating by. If I ever earned a nice fish I earned this one tonight..

No comments:

Post a Comment