Friday, August 24, 2018

bridge fishing

Thought I'd hit a little creek a bit after work. Not far from the house but you cant really see the creek till you walk right down to it. So I walk down there and Oh No its up and very brown. Pretty ugly compared to the river. Well I'm here and there is this little railroad bridge. I love bridges, I never ever pass one by when out fishing. So I thought I'd throw at the bridge a couple minutes then head to the river. First cast nothing and the grub is just ripped along by the current. I walk down to the end of the wall leading out from the bridge, Stick the rod over and flip the bail. The grub sinks and I close the bail as it is swept by the fast current around the downstream end of the wall. Thump! And it's a nice smallie cartwheeling on the end of about seven feet of line. Love me some bridges...


No comments:

Post a Comment