Wednesday, September 12, 2018

high water fish!

So yeah the river is like a bit under four feet higher than the last time I fished it and an absolute mess. But it is at least not up in the trees any more. So I was arrowhead hunting in a little creek yesterday and it was perfectly clear. Six inches deep but perfectly clear. Hmmm... so I know this one creek that has some clear water and hits the river in the back of a long narrow channel that seems to be half river and half creek. I mean the creek is mostly knee deep and twenty feet across but this is waist to shoulder deep and barely moving. But it's a terrible walk and a long shot. But hey it is fishing. And moving water at that. I'll do almost anything to fish moving verses still water. Well I soon discovered a snag with my plan. The path that follows the stream is still under water so I ended up busting thru head high weeds. But sometimes I think the fishing spirits reward effort or at least look out for crazy people because it was worth it. Where creek met bay was about twenty feet of off colored but fishable water and about ten feet of clear water all about waist deep. I fished a Vic Coomer paddletail, silvery glitter with a black back and never had to change. One small largie, three small hybrids, a hybrid about 20 inches long, a hybrid about the twin to the one in the photo that I lost, and the dandy in the photo. In about 45 minutes of standing in one spot casting where the clear met muddy. Even if things are a mess they still gotta eat...

No comments:

Post a Comment