Thursday, September 6, 2018

plime blank bassin

Fished some little water way upstream of my normal haunts tonight. The stream wasn't up but it was off colored from all the rain. All the fish I found were shallow and tight up against boulders that were scattered here and there over an otherwise fairly flat bottom in moderate current. And when I mean tight I mean tight, it seemed a cast an inch away from a boulder was better than one six inches away and a cast that actually touched the rock was even better still. Or as my great grandma Sandlin would have said, "plime blank" right up against the rocks. Lots of fun catching fish in knee deep water that you could cast clear across anywhere you wanted to. Tonight's fish were on a clear with green backed curly shad with mylar and a smoke metalflake grub.

No comments:

Post a Comment