Tuesday, March 19, 2019

deathbed bassin

The rivers finally getting fishable and what did I do? Get sick. Yesterday was torture knowing that for the first time in eleventy years the river was down but I was too sick to go. But 13 hours worth of sleep and I felt 100 percent better today. Well almost, I'd have felt just as bad at home on the couch anyways. I headed to a 45 degree bank that was covered in big concrete rubble and found me a little cubby hole out of the wind to hide in and fished a clear with gold glitter grub just as slow as I could manage. The only real thump of the day was when a four pound carp just hammered the grub. I guess its because food is a bit harder to come by but I seem to get a lot of carp that eat a grub in cold water. The crappie came next, no bite at all just a slightly heavy feeling on the line. Then four smallies, two little guys and two dandies. Like the crappie they were more just a slightly heavy feeling on the line instead of a strong thump. I was glad I was using a sensitive rod, I felt today it made a real difference.
It sure was nice to do some catching instead of just fishing. Hopefully the river will stay fishable for a while now.





No comments:

Post a Comment