Sunday, March 17, 2019

micro mania

Well the rivers are still a mess around here but the creeks are starting to clear. Time to do a little micro fishing. In an old tin I threw a small box of assorted tiny hooks I stole from the fly tying bench plus a spool of lead wire. Out of my vest I took a package of stick on bite indicators for a float and some tiny tiny shot. Out of the bluegill box some bigger shot and some pliers.  A tea pot for some hot chocolate on a cold day, some redworms for bait. No casting this rig, just sneaking along the creek, leaning out and dunking it in likely looking holes or under tree roots. What an awesome change of pace. I guess I caught 75 fish that might have added up to a pound. But I enjoyed the whole thing immensely, got to see those tiny little fish you normally never see and spent an afternoon totally alone on a tiny creek. The problem with getting old is you forget how much fun it is being a kid.



















No comments:

Post a Comment