Tuesday, August 6, 2019

summertime and the livin is easy...

With the streams lower than they have been all year and as warm as bathwater it seemed like a good idea to make good on one of the goals I'd set last winter. I'd vowed to do more hybrid fishing which I've felt like I've done and I'd also vowed to get back to basics and at least a few times mess around with live bait. Just gathering your bait is just about as much fun as the actual fishing. And the warm low water was perfect for wading in with the seine and getting some craws. Tackle wasn't anything special a small baitholder hook and a split shot crimped on ten inches or so above that. I did hike a pretty good ways from the road though to give myself a chance at some better fish. Turns out the channel cats were really in the mood for craws and I quickly lost track of how many I caught. Maybe 15 with most being in the one to four pound category but I did manage to catch a couple brutes. If you have never waded a creek in a pair of sneakers and swimming trunks pitching craws into likely spots you are missing one of summertimes true pleasures....









No comments:

Post a Comment