Sunday, September 1, 2019

Low water smallmouth fishing...


Well, it was out before daylight and on the river before the sky even started to brighten. At least for me the best fishing for larger smallmouth has been ending an hour or so after the sun comes up. I've been fishing adjacent to the fastest deep runs I can find with either a buzzbait if they are hitting on top or a bigger curly shad if not. The river at night in summer is both quiet and full of life at the same time. Beavers slap their tails at your intrusion. Night herons stalk the shadows. Large fish spook out of the shallows no matter how softly you tread. Sticks break and leaves rustle. And the soft music of the river plays behind it all. Last night I was on the river by 4am and off the water by about 8. The streams I fish are about as low and as warm as they ever get right now






.

No comments:

Post a Comment