Sunday, April 5, 2020

Just one fish....

October 12th, yep October 12th was the last 20 inch fish I caught. The last really big fish in a 2019 filled with bigger fish than I deserved. Since then a lot has happened. Most notably a kidney transplant for my wife and a slow recovery that had me off the water for several months. Then lately high muddy rivers, bad weather and six day work weeks and short days with long nights.  But it's slowly turning back into a world where I can do the one thing I'm halfway decent at, fish.
Today the river was back down to a decent level, though off colored and unattractive. Though it sure looked beautiful to me since I've spent so little time on it the last few months. Just upstream of a big slow hole in a quiet pocket of water, maybe two feet deep next to a fast shallow riffle. Just one strike, just one fish....  20 inches exactly.  A tiny straight worm fished slow right on the bottom. Saw two eagles, a beaver, wildflowers starting to bloom and trees budding. All is right in the world again.






No comments:

Post a Comment