Thursday, April 23, 2020

Lately....

I've been fishing some lately. Unfortunately I have been so busy that I haven't had much time to write about it. Most of my smallies have came on a curly swim or a paddle swim. If there has been a theme it's been that I've been more likely to just feel weight or pressure on the line than a thumping strike. It's been a week of when in doubt set the hook. The minnow pictures are from a tiny creek close to the house fishing bread and tiny bits of worm on size 20 hooks stolen from the fly tying bench. That was so much fun, I really need to do more micro fishing this year. It's jut about as much fun as any fishing I do. I thought it interesting that I'm wearing everything from a jacket to a tank top in photos from the last week or so. I'm a lot more comfortable smallie fishing when conditions are the same for several days in a row than up and down like this. I think that's why I sometimes struggle a bit more in spring.


















No comments:

Post a Comment