Friday, May 25, 2012

Goldzilla

goldfish Was fishing my favorite hole in the Little Miami River for catfish when this guy hit a nightcrawler. He's not a koi, we used to have a pond with koi in it and he's not that. Body was just like a big carp but he was bright orange with black spots. Did a little google search and I guess goldfish can live over fifty years and in the right conditions never quit growing. Wikipedia says: "Goldfish can hybridize with certain other species of carp. Within three breeding generations, the vast majority of the hybrid spawn revert to their natural olive color." So then i tried to find photos of goldfish type fish bigger than this one and really didn't find alot.So untill somebody shows me proof I'm claiming the unofficial state record goldfish! Caught him right at dawn and in the dim light he looked wierd a big orange glow down in the water on the end of my line. I'd love to know how old this fish is. Not sure if I should have or not but I turned the fish loose so if your around the LMR keep an eye out for goldzilla. HMM, wonder if there is a fish ohio pin for goldfish I need one more species for that master angler pin... I did end up catching a big cat by the way, S5030005

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! That is one cool goldfish! Goldzilla is right...

    ReplyDelete