Sunday, May 13, 2012

A big largemouth

P1060433 bigmouth 2 bigmouth One of the nice things about visiting my parents is that right on the way is a wildlife area that has one of the best ponds I know of. You have to walk a ways to get to it and that keeps the pressure down. It's amazing to me how no matter how good the fishing is people just will not walk out of sight of the truck to fish. They might drive 500 miles but walk twenty minutes? No way. Today with all the drizzle and dark skies I knew I'd have to stop at the pond on the way home. Sure enough the bass hammered a spinnerbait fished shallow. All small fish but they were hitting ofton. Then I threw past a small cattail covered point. A big wake rose up behind the spinnerbait following for a few feet as a big fish hammered it. Then she jumped three times giving me a heart attack each time. Last year it seemed like every big bass I hooked threw the hook. She came up again shaking her head and I was already thinking I was going to lose her. Finally after what seemed like an eternity I lipped her and could breath again. I snapped a few photos and released her getting back in the truck just in time to hear Joey Votto hit a grand slam to win the game....a pretty good day all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment