Saturday, May 5, 2012

Once in a while...the fishing really is great

dragonflies I guess it's really a case of just pay enough dues and fish enough hours and you'll hit it just right. Went out friday to THE LAKE WHOSE NAME CANNOT BE SPOKEN (southern ohio, that's all I'm saying about where..) and thought about turning back. You could just hear a solid rumbling of thunder in the distance. But it just barely missed me, sliding by just to the north. Lots of wind, flashes of lightening a few miles away, but no big storm but you had the feeling you were going to get absolutely hammered any momment. And the darker and windier it got the more the bass hit. Three times I caught a fish on five consecutive casts and if a fish missed my spinnerbait another would slam it before I got it back to the bank. And this went on for three hours, I dunno seventy five fish?, a hundred? I lost track. I'm not claiming it was due to any super tactics, just chuck it out and wind it back. No big giant bass either just one right after another... The funny thing is, the day before I caught zip in two hours of hard fishing. I guess that's why you have to throw it out there, you never know whats gonna happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment