Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A great evening 4/29

Fished a pond/small lake after work. Fishing wasn't quite what I'd hoped with the overcast weather but I got into a half dozen decent bass on a spinnerbait. They wanted it waked right under the surface so it was creating a bulge but not breaking the surface. The coolest part of the trip was a beaver that was very annoyed by me being there. I saw him coming a ways off and got the camera out and then froze. He just kept swimming and swam right up to me before realising I was there. Then he took a hard turn and swam back and forth about twenty feet away trying to figure out what I was. Several times he slapped his tail hard on the water before finally swimming away. There were also some bluebells blooming back up on the bank. I dont see very many of them around here. I do know a wierd fact about bluebells tho. Back when folk medicine was the rule rather than the exception bluebells were used to help with ...um.. how to put it delicately...ladies problems. I stopped on the way home where some clear water was running into the muddier water of the river and caught a few white bass including this big stud All in all it ended up being a great evening outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment