Sunday, August 4, 2013

Painting birds...and stuff

I'll admit it. I'm something of a curmudgeon. Kids I love. They are open, honest, and pretty much have the right take on what's important in life. Like I said, kids I love. People, grown ups that is, not so much. Kids, like tiny fish, all have that potential. You never know which ones going to grow up to be something really special. But like tiny fry of all kinds only one in hundreds ever does. Which was why I was a bit apprehensive about meeting Kelly Riccetti. Kelly has for a long time now been one of my favorite people. On her brilliant blog www.redandthepeanut.blogspot.com she writes thoughtfully, takes wonderful photos and paints with passion and talent. And most of it takes place along my favorite place, the Little Miami. And now she was going to do a painting workshop for me at the Little Miami Inc Scenic River and Trail Center in Loveland helping people learn to paint. I was really hoping she wasn't a jerk.

Kelly showed up with her son in tow and enough painting supplies to paint the entire building. I was now really hoping some people showed up. I should have never worried. About Kelly or about people turning out to see her. She turned out to be just as personable and nice as she seems on her blog. And amazingly talented. And her son was as nice a guy as you will ever meet, truly wonderful people. And did people turn out! We had a hard time finding places for everyone to sit several times and Kelly stayed an hour past what was scheduled so that everyone that wanted to paint could. What a nice day this turned out to be for everyone...

As soon as you have time to set down and relish some amazing stuff be sure and visit Kelly's wonderful blog, it's a gem.

1 comment:

  1. ...you are too kind, Steve! Thank you so much. Matty and I had so much fun. We definitely want to come back and do it again. Everyone was so nice. Loveland-ites are great!!

    ReplyDelete