Thursday, December 5, 2013

A good day on the river

Really any day you can fish in December without freezing is a good day in my book. But I did have a pretty good day. I guess I caught around 15 bass. The first part of the day all came on a marabou jig then as things warmed up I switched to a three inch River Rock grub. Both fished very slow
in slack water next to current. It seemed the slower I fished it the more they liked it. But even though I was fishing it super slow they thumped it pretty hard and two smallies even jumped! Not sure what the water temp was the thermometer was broken when I got it out. Im guessing in the low forties up from 39 or so from a few days ago. Its amazing how even a little jump in water temps will turn on the fish this time of year. I used jigs ranging from 1/16 up to 1/4 trying to keep the jigs swimming just off the bottom. Saw a doe swimming the frigid river and a kingfisher fished by me all day. A pretty sweet day, but looking at the forecast the fun's all over for a while.


No saugfish which was a bit surprising considering I threw jigs all day. I stopped by on the way home to visit Dave who was fishing downstream and took a pretty cool picture of him right at dark.



No comments:

Post a Comment