Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Finally the rivers in shape and starting to catch a few smallies. So far the ones I've found have still been in slower water close to faster water. I've been doing okay on a weird lil rig I put together, first you slide a small blade attached to a swivel on your line then a bead and then tie on a grub. The little willow leaf doesn't have the lift of something like a beetle spin and instead lets you fish it slow and just off the bottom like a grub but with more flash, especially on the fall. I imagine a roadrunner type head would accomplish pretty much the same thing tho in my head I picture this working better on the fall just because the blade would rise above the grub and not be flapping into it. Or who knows it's probably about the same but I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment