Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The last few days in fishing

I've been doing a bit of saugeye fishing the last few evenings. Mostly below lowhead dams. One trip where I caught one. One trip where I caught two but got schooled by a guy who stood where he could cast up against the dam and caught four or five. I guess I could have crowded in on him and more than I did but I know how I'd have felt so I left him alone. And then tonight where it all came together. A bit of rain, no one on the river and it slowly rising. All good things. About dark they were hitting pretty good on a 1/4 ounce jighead and my go to clear with silver glitter. I think it was at the Dayton show I heard some guy call it icicle. I think that's a pretty good name tho I've taken to calling it "bait" lately. It looks like things are starting. Tonight's fish all hit with a good solid thump too instead of that oh the line got heavy feeling you sometimes get in cold water. I'm liking it.








No comments:

Post a Comment