Sunday, March 27, 2016

Spring has sprung

It seems all that exploring I've been doing this winter is starting to pay off. About a month ago I found a little rocky outcropping that stuck out further than all the other riprap along a swift bend pool in the river. The little mini point creates a current break or seam so strong that little mini whirlpools form all along the line where fast and slow water meet.  Today I flipped my little willow leaf blade on a swivel and clear with glitter grub combo I've grown so fond of about twenty feet upstream. It swept downstream and hen stopped.I lifted the rod and it was off to the races. It was easily the best smallie of the short season so far at 19". I caught several more nice smallies in similar places, either stuck close to a rock or small eddy adjacent to fast water. In spots marsh marigold made a butter yellow carpet along the riverbank. Spring is finally here and life is good...





No comments:

Post a Comment