Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Riding the storm out

Looking at the forecast for the next few days I'm thinking that today might be the last chance to fish the river for a few days. I'm also thinking there's a good chance to suffer a bit tonight but also a good chance of running into some good fish. Turns out I was right on both counts, I ran into some nice fish and I suffered. But not too badly, with both waders on and just my nose sticking out of the hodgman wading jacket I kept pretty dry. The only bad part was looking around constantly to make sure I wasn't the highest thing around to draw lightning. All the fish came on clear with silver grub but I did have something just about yank the rod out of my hand fishing a suspending rouge. But who knows I could have yanked it into a big carp or maybe a shovelhead swatted it. I just know I yanked it twice, paused, yanked and then the drag was screaming for four or five seconds and it came off. Hopefully the river just comes a little bit over the next couple days.




No comments:

Post a Comment