Monday, July 18, 2016

The beat rolls on...

As skanky as the river looks right now, all root beer colored and low, part of me doesn't want a big downpour or cooler weather to freshen up the water. For some reason I seem to have some nice sized fish patterned. I've found two spots with  pretty good riffles to put oxygen in the water and lots of current and they have both been holding smallies and saugs for about a week and a half now. Today's 24" saugeye was ten feet from where I caught the 28" last week and in the other spot today's biggest smallie ( didn't measure, 17" or 18" I guess)  was five feet from the 19.75" smallie of the other day. Not sure what's going on but I hope it stays that way a while. All my fish were on Vic's clear with silver flake grub and a 1/4 ounce jig head. Which is pretty heavy for as low as the river is which tells you how fast the current is.



No comments:

Post a Comment