Wednesday, May 8, 2019

The past few days...

I've been fishing quite a bit the past few days but haven't gotten around to posting so here is a bit of a catch up post. The rivers here in southern Ohio have been up and nasty for seemingly forever. Even now they aren't in good shape, just barely on the edge of lure fishing water. If I had more sense I probably should have chased cats this week. But I did find a creek running quite a bit clearer than the river and where its water mixed with the muddy river water I found a white bass bonanza, I guess I've caught forty or fifty the last few days but by and large they were pretty small fish. I did catch two small pure stripers and a few wipers mixed in. In the muddy river water next to the clearer creek water I caught a few sauger every day, They were very small mostly nine or ten inches long with only a couple going past a foot. All the stripey fish and saugfish came on a chartreuse metalflake grub. I caught a few decent smallmouth out of the river itself on a smoke metalflake grub making short pitches to a concrete wall directing current under a bridge. The only casts that connected were ones where the jig landed within an inch or two of the wall.










No comments:

Post a Comment