Saturday, June 8, 2013

Fishin while the fishins good

With Daveout of commision with a broken toe I thought I should make the long pilgrimage to smallmouth heaven and check on the kids. It seemed like the least I could do. If anything they were hitting better than the other day. Though I didn't match the big one of the other day I did manage to catch a smallie of every inch increment between 12 and 18. Did I just invent fishing for the cycle? I lost a big smallie that might have been in the class of the 19 incher (or even better who knows) of the other day but I sure cant judge them that well in the excitement of the momment. He was right there and I was almost ready to lip him too dang nab it! The smallies were right up in the current and hitting crankbaits moved really fast better than anything else. I also caught three OK sized shovelheads on crankbaits too. Makes ya wonder what the catfishing might be like after dark. Ill have to find out before summer is over.
I did best on an old rebel square bill wee-r. I kind of feel like i'm on a run like you hear gamblers getting on so I've been riding it every day till it quits. Saw a beaver, 4 snowy egrets and a night heron and no other fishermen. Life on the river is good right now guys, fish while the fishin's good...


No comments:

Post a Comment